Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake – Made From 3 Ingredients Only
This is probably the most simple chocolate cake you will ever make. But it is so moist and delicious! The secret weapon: Vegan cookies!
I first discovered the recipe on Emma’s Goodies. So shoutout to her for that creative idea. Then I just went ahead and veganized it.
Vegan Cookies -> Vegan Chocolate Cake
The reason this recipe requires so few ingredients is that cookies already contain everything a cake recipe needs: flour, sugar, baking powder and binding agents. So we just need to upgrade it a bit!
The type of cookies you ultimately determines the outcome of your cake. I recommend super chocolatey cookies if you want your cake intense and indulgent. Otherwise, you can also choose Oreos or any other brand you like. Just make sure they are vegan.
Add More Ingredients
If you want, you can also upgrade your simple chocolate cake by adding chocolate pieces, cocoa powder, vanilla or nut butter.
What else do you need? Basically just vegan milk, baking powder and a blender. That’s it!
3-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 7-inch pan
- 350 gr Vegan Chocolate Cookies 3 cups crushed cookies
- 370 gr Vegan Milk I prefer Oat
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Put the cookies in a blender and process until a fine flour forms
- Transfer the cookie crumble to a large bowl and add the baking powder
- Warm up the milk. Give the mixture a rough mix and add the milk
- Stir through thoroughly until every lump dissolves. If you're adding special ingredients, now is the time
- Grease your pan and pour the cake batter in
- Put in the oven at 340 Fahrenheit (170 C) and bake for 15 minutes. When a toothpick come out clean, it's ready!
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, then turn it over and take it out. Enjoy!
To make it extra special and give it a cakey feeling, add a frosting. You can use vegan chocolate spread. Just spread it on your cake generously and put it in the fridge to cool down.