Vegan Coconut Quinoa One-Pot
The Easiest Meal for Lazy Days
How amazing are one-pot dishes? Not only does it save you from the tedious task of doing the dishes, but it’s also super easy and can hardly go wrong (except if you fall asleep while cooking. Please don’t do that.)
I love this recipe and make it every week when I’m short on time but craving something comforting and spicy. This recipe uses simple ingredients and is basically “set it and forget it”. It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
It’s especially great if you’re running out of fresh produce and don’t want to make the trip to the supermarket. I often use frozen vegetables for this meal to make it even quicker!
What’s your spiciness tolerance?
I tried this recipe with yellow curry paste instead of red and it ended up being too spicy! So make sure to stick to the yellow paste as it’s a bit milder or check the spiciness before putting all the curry paste in! I haven’t tried it with curry powder instead, but I think it would take from the rich, authentic, Asian taste of this dish.
Feel free to swab the quinoa for millet, couscous or anything else you have in your pantry. Just make sure you adjust the cooking time according to the package.
I tried this recipe with low-fat vegan cream instead of coconut milk and it was also delicious! So if you’re watching your saturated fat intake, that would definitely be an option.
I hope you like this recipe! Let me know if you try it 🙂
- big pan with lid
- 0,5 onion
- 150 g green beans
- 10 g coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 g quinoa
- 100 g tomato puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 60 g red curry paste
- 80 g frozen peas
- 1/2 liter vegetable broth
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Peel onions and cut in small cubes.
- Peel garlic and chop finely.
- Wash and grate ginger finely.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and fry onion, garlic and ginger for 3 minutes. Add curry paste and fry further 2 minutes.
- Add Quinoa, vegetable broth, tomato puree and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut the ends of the green beans.
- Wash and cut the zucchini in cubes.
- Add beans, zucchini and peas to the pot and cook for 5 more minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Wash the coriander, dry it and cut loosely.
- Pour the curry in bowls and top with coconut milk and coriander. Enjoy!