Easy Vegan Brownies Made From Sweet Potatoes
Have you ever baked with sweet potatoes? No? Then it’s about time! They make brownies incredibly fudgy and delicious. The recipe doesn’t contain any industrial sugar and is healthy (while still tasting super indulgent) 🙂
Sweet potatoes are little nutrient bombs and contain lots of vitamin A (good for the eyes), vitamin C (good for the immune system) and potassium (good against high blood pressure).
Many traditional brownie recipes use empty calories or animal products such as industrial sugar, white flour, milk or eggs. But vegan brownies taste just as delicious!
Other Unusual Ingredients
You can not only use sweet potatoes but also black beans or kidney beans for brownie baking. If you wash them well, you won’t even taste they are there! But you’ll get an extra portion of nutrients and protein.
Just experiment a little bit with the base recipe. Maybe with ground hazelnuts instead of almonds, extra chocolate chips or other dried fruits.
But you shouldn’t replace the coconut oil, because it makes the brownies in the fridge nice and firm.
A little tip: Vegan vanilla ice cream with it is simply a dream 🙂
- 2 sweet potaotes medium size
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 12 dates
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 hint salt
- 6 tbsp cocoa unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Peel sweet potatoes, cut into pieces and stew them for about 20 minutes until they are very soft
- Place in blender with the dates. Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well with the sweet potato date dough
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 45 minutes or until a fork comes out dry
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. This is important for them to firm up
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fat: 15,3g
- Protein: 7,5g