This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
My Favourite Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
Right now we can all use some comfort food. Banana bread has always been one of my go-to healthy treats and it’s a good way to clean out the pantry as well 😉
If you have some overly ripe bananas lying around and don’t know what to do with them, banana bread is the perfect yummy solution.
A lot of recipes call for flour, sugar, dairy or eggs, but banana bread is easily made without that.
This vegan banana bread is so healthy, I often eat it for breakfast. Don’t believe me?Have a look at the nutrition facts down below.
I especially love it when it the texture is a bit moist and dense, like it’s the case here!
Flour-free is Key
The best thing: You don’t need flour to make it (I know it’s hard to come by right now).
It can easily be made using oats. So it’s gluten-free as well!
I encourage you to get creative with it as well, adding nuts, raisins, blueberries or chocolate chips. But it is also super tasty without it.
I like to top the whole thing with almond butter, I think it is a combination made in heaven 🙂
Vegan Banana Bread - Sugar-free and Simple
- Baking oven
- Food processor
- 5 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dates alternatively maple syrup
- 2 cups oats alternatively: 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional but recommended
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds optional
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1 handful chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven in 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a loaf pan with coconut oil. An 8 by 4 loaf pan would be perfect for this recipe.
- Give the oats in the food processor and mix until they form a flour.
- Soak the dates in warm water for one hour. Drain the water and take out the seeds. Put them in a food processor.
- Add ripe bananas, vanilla extract and almond milk in the food processor. Blend until they form a smooth mix.
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients into the banana mix. Add a little bit at a time and blend. After mixing everything properly add almonds, walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix with a spatula.
- Pour the banana bread mix into the loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick. It's okay to be moist, but shouldn't be too sticky. If it’s not cooked enough, bake for another 15 minutes maximum.
- Let it cool down for at least 10 minutes. Serve pure or topped with nut butter. Enjoy!
Fat 10.4g I like to use canola oil in my banana bread recipe because of its high amount of omega 3 fatty acids and its resistance to high temperatures. If you'd like to avoid oil, you can omit this and replace it with 1/4 cup dairy-free milk. You can keep the banana bread refrigerated for approx. one week.