Sugar-free Vegan Muffins – Made With Oats and Banana
Do you love muffins as much as I do? Wish you could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner without feeling guilty? Well, you can!
Try this healthy version made from oatmeal and bananas. Super tasty and also great as a healthy, sugar-free snack for kids.
I prefer to eat them for breakfast with nuts or fruits, but they are also delicious enough to pass for dessert 🙂
Vegan Muffin Cups for a Quick Breakfast
This recipe is perfect if you’re always short on time in the morning, but you still like a healthy, delicious breakfast (I certainly don’t leave home without it).
Just bake them in the evening or even a few days prior, take them out of the fridge in the morning, done. This even beats Overnight Oats in terms of speed and convenience!
If you feel like this is way too healthy, add 1-20 tablespoons of maple syrup. That makes it a little more “desserty”. But it’s also very tasty without sugar, if the bananas are ripe enough!
That the muffins stick together so well is due to the apple vinegar, which together with baking powder binds the whole thing. So no eggs needed!
If you’re more in the mood for classic chocolate muffins, take a look at this delicious recipe.
Healthy Snack for Kids
If the little ones demand a sweet snack in the afternoon, these vegan muffins are a great solution. No one will ever know they’re healthy too 😉
Vegan Oat Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 12-cup muffin tin
- Bowl for mixing
- 3 cups rolled oats alternatively instant oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed banana 2 medium (very ripe)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 cups unsweetend almond milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheatoven to 350 degrees F.
- Coata 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Ina separate bowl mix together mashed bananas, vinegar, and almond milk until well combined
- Pour almond milk mixture over oat mixture and stir well to combine
- Evenly divide the oat mixture between all 12 muffin cup and then top each one with a sprinkle of chocolate chips
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and cooked though. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes